All of PICNet’s online courses, with the exception of the ICP Orientation manual, are available on the PHSA LearningHub, where learners can track their courses and receive certificates upon completion. You do not have to be a PHSA employee to use the LearningHub; anyone can create an account (instructions here). You will need Adobe Flash to play the videos in the modules.
Please note: If any of the courses below are part of your mandatory training, and your health authority needs confirmation that you have completed these courses, then users from Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care, Vancouver Island Health Authority, Fraser Health, Northern Health, or Interior Health must take these courses through their health authority’s online learning system.
For any issues with your LearningHub account, including creating/updating your account, completing the modules, and/or printing your certificate, please go to http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca/, rather than contacting PICNet, as we cannot help you with this. Click on “Get Help” (the first option), and from there you can submit a ticket.
- NEW: Infection Prevention and Control Practices modules for Direct Clinical Care Providers and for Healthcare Providers Not Involved in Direct Clinical Care
- Hand Hygiene Basics
- Infection Control Practitioner (ICP) Orientation Manual
- Protect Patti (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Prevention of Surgical Site Infections (SSI)
- Central Venous Catheter (CVC) Care and Maintenance
- Central Venous Catheter (CVC) Insertion
- Workplace Audit Training for Infection Control Practitioners
- NEW: Introduction to the Critical Appraisal Toolkit
Please note: the BC Cancer agency has a Hand Hygiene for Volunteers education module on the LearningHub that you may find useful if your facility has volunteers.