In order to complete the Provincial Hand Hygiene Education Module or the Infection Control Basics module, you will need a PHSA LearningHub account. Anyone can have a LearningHub account; you do not have to work for a BC health authority. Once you have created an account, you will be able to track your courses and print certificates of completion. Please note: for any issues with your LearningHub account, including creating/updating your account, completing the modules, and/or printing your certificate, please go to http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca/, and not PICNet. Thanks!
Creating a new account
1. Go to https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Learner/Home and choose “Sign up for an account”
2. Per the instructions, enter your name, email address, and a password
3. You will be sent a confirmation email; when you receive this, click on the link, then read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
4. The next page asks you your job role; choose accordingly (screenshot below).
- Health care staff employed directly by a health authority, including residential care staff that work for a health authority owned and operated facility, should choose #1 in the screenshot below.
- Residential care staff who work for a facility that is affiliated with (but not directly owned and operated by) a health authority should choose Affiliate/Contractor (#2 in the screenshot below), and then the relevant health authority that your facility is affiliated with.
- Residential care staff who work for a facility that is not affiliated with a health authority should choose #2, and then click on “My health organization is not listed” (green arrow in screenshot below).
- If you are a member of the general public and are not sure if you will become a volunteer, choose General Public for now; you can change your status later if you become a volunteer.
- Health care staff from outside BC, choose “Affiliate/Contractor” and then click on “My health organization is not listed” (don’t choose “General Public” as not all the courses are available to the public).
5. Done! You are now ready for search for courses and enroll in them.
Important: LearningHub Help
If you need help with creating an account, modifying your account, searching for and enrolling in courses, and/or any technical issues you encounter while doing the online modules, please go to http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca rather than contacting PICNet (we have no control over, and cannot help with, any technical issues regarding the Learninghub site).
Please note: after you complete courses and pass your test, it can take up to a few hours for your certificate to be available. If the certificate is still not available after 1 day, please contact http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca (and not PICNet) about this.