Island Health is seeking a passionate and experienced Infection Prevention & Control Practitioner in Port Alberni, BC
Reporting to the Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Manager, you work with various departments within Island Health to provide surveillance and consultation related to infectious disease prevention and control in acute care, residential facilities and community settings. Based at West Coast General Hospital, you will also travel to Tofino and other Island Health facilities.
- Develop Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) policies based on best practice literature
- Implement standards in compliance with local, provincial and federal legislation
- Develop and provide education on all aspects of IPAC
- Provide research and education to various departments, health care providers, physicians and surgeons
- Participate on quality councils to report on issues that offer quality improvement opportunities, and provide expert advice to facility planners
- Work with IPAC physicians to provide direction to staff regarding appropriate use of barrier precautions and other prevention and control principles to prevent further spread of infection during outbreaks.
Learn more about the position, qualifications, and application process at:
- ICP Registered Nurse Professionals: https://viha.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=45301
- ICP Health Science Professionals: https://viha.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=45318
You can also download a PDF of the job description.