The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is recruiting for an Infection Protection and Control (IPAC) Construction Specialist. The position is Temporary Part-Time (0.50 FTE Until June 2019), and will be part of the BC Children & Women’s (C&W) Redevelopment Project.
The IPAC Construction Specialist has an active role in the prevention, surveillance and control of infections during construction, renovation and maintenance at the C&W site. In collaboration with the Corporate Director, Coordinator and ICP team, the Construction Specialist will consult with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that appropriate infection prevention and control measures are initiated and adhered to throughout the Redevelopment Project at the C&W site.
- Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) from the planning stage to the final evaluation after completion of the work to ensure infection prevention and control standards are incorporated and adhered to.
- Establishes guidelines in collaboration with the MDT for all facility staff pertaining to construction-related concerns such as traffic control and environmental cleaning procedures.
- Ensures through education that staff members are aware of the risks for patients during construction and assist staff to respond with appropriate measures and teaching for patients and families.
- Monitors compliance of patients, staff and visitors with infection prevention and control standards and procedures including routine practices and additional precautions.
- Develops and implements standards and procedures relating to infection prevention and control in relation to maintenance/renovation/construction for review by the Corporate Director and the agency specific Infection Control Committee.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the community at large.
- Represents Infection Prevention & Control Service, participating on committees as the Infection Control consultant on issues such as Construction/renovation, Employee Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Supply and Equipment, and Housekeeping Services.
- Collaborates to monitor changes in infection rates and patterns during and immediately after construction, renovation, maintenance or repairs.
Qualifications include a level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in a related health discipline such as Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, or other relevant clinical discipline plus successful completion of an Infection Prevention and Control – Canada (IPAC-Canada) approved Infection Control course and/or completion of a CSA Infection Control during construction, renovation and maintenance course and seven (7) years’ recent, related experience including one year experience in Infection Prevention and Control.
You can view the job details, including information on how to apply, on the PHSA Job site.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.