The Central Venous Catheter (CVC) Insertion Module uses animations, interactive activities and video demonstrations to teach the fundamental theory and practice involved with preventing Central Line-Related Bloodstream Infection (CR-BSI) when inserting CVCs.
Upon completion of the CVC Insertion Course, the learner will:
- demonstrate knowledge and application of precautions
- demonstrate knowledge of the regional anatomy of targeted CVC insertion sites
- demonstrate knowledge and landmarking for selected insertion sites
- describe contraindications and indications for the insertion of CVCs
- outline common complications associated with CVC placement techniques
Who should take this course?
It is recommended for nursing staff and appropriate for all health care professionals who work with CVCs. The education module takes between 25-45 minutes, including the test at the end.
Tracking and Certificates
The training module is hosted on the PHSA Learning Hub, where you can track your courses and print a certificate after completion. Anyone (from any health authority, or from any non-affiliated site) can create an account on the Learning Hub; all you need to provide is your name and an email address. You can find instructions on how to create an account here. (Please note: for any issues with your LearningHub account, including creating/updating your account, completing the modules, and/or printing your certificate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, not PICNet.)